Wednesday, February 1, 2012

New month new challenge!






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone




Well Janathon ended early for me. My last run was 26th Jan. I woke up feeling shivery and feverish on Friday 28th jan. I took to my bed that afternoon and stayed there until today 1 Feb. I may not have blogged every day but I did run every day from Jan 1 to Jan 27th. I'm really glad I did it. It really nailed the myth that I'm too busy to exercise. Even on my worse days I could always find 15 mins to dash out. I plan to run 3 times a week once I am back on my feet.

So to this months challenge - I am going to photograph and post a pic of every single piece of food I eat. I would like to lose weight. I weigh 9st 13lbs and I'd like to be 8st 13lb. Whilst looking at an article about behaviour change I was really struck by a comment from a psychotherapist who said a pencil and paper is the best diet aid ever. He was commenting on the fact that the simple act of recording what one eats everyday is enough to improve to see calorie reduction.

So here's the deal. I'm not going to make any special plans that demand excessive will power. I plan to eat a normal diet incorporating 5 portions of fruit and veg a day and sticking within recommended alcohol limits. I will photograph EVERYTHING I eat and post up every day by midnight. Will knowing that people may be looking at my day's consumption be enough to limit my portion size or encourage me to make healthy choices? Let's see!

Day 1 and every morsel of food I've eaten is on those 3 pics at the top. Ironically I was going to have a little snack before bed but my iphone was flat. Couldn't be bothered to wait for it to charge up.

No comments:

Post a Comment